Monday 14 May 2012

Day 16 - Sydney, baby clothes review



I'm into my last week now, babysitting the twins. Rose and I have been thinking about baby wear. There are many choices around and lots of brands to choose from, however it seems that some basics are being overlooked by the manufacturers and designers...

Miss Rose suggests:

1. Clothes need to be easy to work with - the less buttons,
zips and snaps the better. Here I am in my Baptism long
gown  - very fancy, but only one button for my Mum to do up. 
2. Fabrics that look grown-up but are stretchy
are more comfy for us to to wear
3. It is physical being a toddler - we need to be able to move easily as we crawl and roll around
4. Plain, no patterns, make a nice change and means
 we can mix and match our separates more easily
5. Dark or strong colours are good as they don't show  little splops (that my brother Mario makes)
6. Anything small and fiddly (hairbands, socks, hats and gloves) is
a nuisance. Built in hoods and feet covers are great, as we can't lose them.


7. And finally, sometimes you just have to let
your Nana jazz up your classic look a little bit!



2 comments:

  1. Love it Elizabeth. Look No. 7 is my favourite! Look forward to seeing you back in sunny Nelson soon. Safe travels home. Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious and adorable, and very practical - I agree with all of Rose's points.

    ReplyDelete