Thursday 24 November 2011

Freak Accident Averted


So, its very hot and windy today. I went outside to check what had blown over in the garden - not much as Mario had staked the tomatoes and fruit trees. It was so nice and warm I decided to stretch out on the back lawn and look at the clouds moving across the sky. Dozed off, as you do. My eyes were tired from frenetic quilt making. I woke up eventually and sat up just in time to see the garden seat (yes, its a substantial piece of outdoor furniture, a two-seater) hurtle from the top terrace and land inches away from where I had been sleeping. It must have been caught by a very strong gust. I always knew it was dangerous to spend too much time in the garden!
Lizzie

1 comment:

  1. Winds still very strong up here at Tahunanui. Even the dog is a little freaked out.

    ReplyDelete