Sunday 22 April 2012

4 weeks, 2 babies, 1 nana

I arrived in Sydney last night and my son Joseph met me at the airport. I mentioned my anxiety about doing a good job over the next month - I'm here to mind their 7 month old twins. He said just don't talk too much - he knows me well! The twins were still awake and Rose was definitely a bit suspicious.

Today, Sunday, got off to a great start. I heard them cooing and grizzling away intermittently from about 5am. The twins, that is. I had a quick shower then popped in at 6am - greeted by big smiles of delight. Kate came and showed me how they change them - its all really well set-up in their little 2-cot bedroom. They sleep in cute sleeping bag things. We went downstairs and made up a lovely mush of weetbix, blueberries and yoghurt. I spooned most of it into the babies - its great having two, no time is wasted between mouthfuls.

    
The rest of the day was spent in a happy whirl of play, stories, a brief walk (to make sure I could manage the double stroller thing and the various keys into the apartment). Oh, and not much daytime sleep. Maybe that's my fault. I think I talked to them too much!

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous on all fronts - that you get to spend time with those babies and that they get to have their Nana there! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are absolutely gorgeous... you are the most luckest Nana around... enjoy every moment - they are precious wee souls.... :o)

    ReplyDelete