Friday 10 June 2016

Useful Travel Stuff - 5 things to take

We've been on the road for almost ten weeks now. Completed 3 Workaways (Australia, Italy and France). Stayed with family, driven long distances, ubered,  taxied, trained, bussed and walked a lot.


Not having too much luggage has been really good. Less to lose, and lug around. Technology can be a bit sporadic, we've had a few glitches with mobile, sim cards and WiFi etc.  But here's some practical and basic things I've appreciated having with me along the way:

1. Sneaky little cloth billfold. My friend Bridget made me this as a parting gift. It's small and can be tucked inside clothing. Quick to whip out, doesn't look like a wallet. Holds some notes and a few cards, and kept separate from any bags. Much less cumbersome than a money belt, and washable.



2. Really comfy and strong shoes. I've done miles in these Skechers and Hush Puppy sandals - good for work and play.


3. Mirror and tiny torch. Being able to see stuff, including your own face, is helpful! Light switches aren't always easy to find in the middle of the night.

4. Ear plugs. To dull the sounds of barking dogs, scratchy kids, or that horrible buzz from noisy bars or restaurants when you're trying g to get some rest.

5. Meds. I've had a few brushes with illness along the way, sore throat, hayfever, headache. I've compiled this mix of basic  pills all in one place. The disprin, eye drops, band aids and antihistamine have proved their worth already!



Overall it's been great so far, and these little things have made a difference. For me, they are essentials - I'd be interested to hear other people's hints too.

Lizzie
A

No comments:

Post a Comment